Saturday, September 4, 2010

It’s my Birthday !

I woke up at 7.30 in the morning, to realize that its my birthday and how come no phone calls yesterday night, its nothing else I could do but curse the Shit Reliance network and my bloody Nokia device, and then when I check my device I see a galore of messages greeting me on my birthday to realize that it’s really ‘THE’ day and some human beings on this earth still remember this slim, fair and handsome guy named 'Sachin'.

So then I get up and get ready for the day not to enjoy, but to get into a training session, for which, I had to travel yesterday via the these days dull Kingfisher Airlines, accompanied by the dangerously red dressed air hostessess, missing my dahihandi celebrations and more importantly my birthday celebrations. But that’s the way it is and I get into the breakfast table when the phone rings and no guesses its my friend calling me to wish me, before receiving I look at the watch and its 8.30am in the clock from which begins the saga of my birthday, it continues with calls every half an hour from each of my well wishers. For some calls I could not give justice, due to my training, but made it a point to call those people back in the tea breaks.

The evening is followed with a surprise cake cutting celebrations from my regular and beloved Lemon Tree hotel staff where I am staying on this day and it adds so much to my heart that I totally forget that I am somewhere away from my house or my social life.

This day as every birthday of mine gives me an additional share of wishes in the form of Calls, messages, emails, Facebook, Orkut etc. from new people who are new additions to my life and also from people who are now re-associated with me, and make me realize that “Duffer you have lost one more year of your life, so Enjoy MORE”

………. Sachin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment